CRACK PATHS conferences
This Conference Series is organised by TC3 Fatigue of Engineering Materials and Structures of the European Structural Integrity Society (ESIS) every three years.
- Fatigue Crack Paths 2003, September 18-20, 2003, Parma, Italy
- Crack Paths 2006, September 14-16, 2006, Parma , Italy
- Crack Paths 2009, September 23-25, 2009, Vicenza, Italy
- Crack Paths 2012, September 19-21, 2012, Gaeta, Italy
- Crack Paths 2015, September 16-18, 2015, Ferrara, Italy
- Crack Paths 2018, September 19-21, 2018, Verona, Italy
- Crack Paths 2021, September 21-24, 2021, online
Main Topics of the Conference Series
Crack growth can take place under both static and fatigue loading. The complete solution of a crack growth problem includes the determination of the crack path. The crack path in critical components or structures where crack propagation occurs can determine whether failure is benign or catastrophic. Knowledge of potential crack paths is also needed for the selection of appropriate non-destructive testing procedures.
Members of different industrial laboratories and scientists from all over the world contribute with presentations on any of the following topics (in the case of both static and fatigue loading):
Experimental Determination of CP, Theoretical Prediction of CP, Integrity Assessments based on CP Evaluation, Microscopic Aspects of CP, CP of Surface Cracks, CP of Short Cracks, Effect of Large Scale, Yielding on CP, Effect of Material Inhomogeneities on CP, Effect of Non-Proportional Cyclic Loading on CP, Effect of Environmental Conditions on CP, CP in Advanced Materials, Laboratory Methods of Controlling CP, In-Service Inspection of CP, Application of CP Concepts and Data in Design, CP in Additive Manufacturing Processes, Industrial Application of CP Concepts and Data.